Sunday, April 1, 2012

Today, I read on Facebook, that a 12 year old named Amanda died of leukemia. She lost her battle on Friday and her high school sister, held an already scheduled bone marrow drive the very next day. What a wonderful gift Amanda's sister is giving to those still fighting. What a beautiful soul Amanda's sister has. I learned about all of this news from a beautiful soul herself, Jennifer. Her son, Logan, is fighting his own battle with cancer. I follow Logan's process daily and say prayers for his family.

My journey so far has been so different than both of these families afflicted with cancer. I am blessed with two healthy and beautiful daughters. I know that health can be a fleeting phenomena and I am thankful daily for our health. These two families help me realize that my life, my troubles, my journey is blessed. I am lucky to be here on this earth, to have a healthy family, to have eyes that see, ears that hear. My trials and tribulations as big and important as they are to me are small in comparison to watching your child fight their cancer and for Logan to win. For Amanda, to lose her battle to cancer but in the end be with God.

To Logan and Jennifer, Amanda, and Amanda's sister, thank you for walking along with me on this journey. Thank you for showing me that we can have trials and tribulations but they are only as big as we make them. We can reach out to total strangers and become connected, we are one, we are blessed.

Thank you and God bless.

Imagine, Believe, Achieve

No comments:

Post a Comment